Z-West Insurance experts can help you make the most of your Utah Medicare coverage and plans. We provide answers to your insurance questions and Medicare supplement needs. Our certified team of experts is dedicated to educating people about which coverage plans are best for their unique lifestyle and budget as well as the features of their Utah Medicare supplement policies. We would like to take this opportunity to educate our readers on the hospice coverage under Medicare.
For the past 30 years, Medicare Part A coverage has extended to hospice care, so that the terminally ill can spend the rest of their lives with dignity and comfort with their loved ones close. Hospice is generally provided in their home, by specially trained caregivers. Hospice is focused on an expert team-oriented approach to medical care, pain management and emotional and spiritual support that is unique to each patient. When choosing a hospice care organization it is important to choose a service that can cater to your specific needs. Introductory questions could include:
- What services are provided by hospice?
- Do they provide support to the family/caregiver?
- What do the attending physician and hospice volunteer do?
- What and how are services provided after hours?
Medicare Part A covers specifically defined core hospice services and pays nearly all of their cost. These services include:
- Doctor visits and services
- Nursing care
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Prescription drugs
- Short-term care in the hospital
- Home health and homemaker aide services
- Physical and occupational therapy, including speech therapy
- Social work services, including grief support for you and your family
- Dietary counseling