At Z-Medicare Insurance Group we work for our customers. Our dedicated Medicare agents in UT are always looking for ways to help our customers save money while getting the best coverage for their needs. Today’s article is about the former—saving money.
You may qualify for help with your premiums, deductibles, copayments, or prescription costs with Medicare Savings Programs.
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) Program
- Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
- Qualified Individual (QI) Program
- You must apply annually for QI benefits that are granted on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to people who received QI benefits the previous year.
4. Qualified Disabled and Working Individuals (QDWI)
- The QDWI program helps pay the Part A premium for people who meet any one of the following criteria:
- You are a working disabled person under 65.
- You lost your premium-free Part A when you went back to work
- You are not getting medical assistance from your state
- You meet the income and resource limits required by your state.
5. Extra Help
- If you qualify for QMB, SLMB, or QI program, you automatically to qualify for the Extra Help programs to pay for Medicare prescription drug coverage.
If you have income from working, you may qualify for these programs even if your income is higher than the income limits.
For more information or help finding coverage help, click here or call the Utah Medicare insurance experts at Z-Medicare today at (888) 733-5707 or (801) 733-5700.