At Z-West Insurance we know that the road to Medicare is a trip of planning. If you or a loved one will be eligible for Medicare soon, it is important to gather information and educate yourself about the various coverage options available to you. There are Utah Medicare health plans, Utah Medicare supplements (Medigap) plans, and prescription drug coverage. Familiarizing with plans now can help you avoid costly mistakes later.
Things to consider:
- When and how to enroll in Medicare
- Health insurance supplements to Medicare
- Information for those planning to work past age 65
- Resources for additional information and assistance
How does Medicare work with your circumstances?
- If you or your spouse has paid Social Security taxes for 10 or more total years (40 quarters), you are eligible for Medicare Part A without premium payments at age 65. You may still purchase it otherwise.
- If you have been on Medicare disability, you have a new Open Enrollment Period for purchasing supplemental insurance when you turn 65.
- If you have a health plan through your employer, and you plan on continuing even after you become eligible for Medicare, you may want to study the cost differences between your EGHP and Medicare and speak with your employer benefits officer.
- Get a copy of the “Medicare & You” Handbook or “The Guide to Health Insurance for People with Medicare” from Medicare to help you learn what Medicare does and does not cover. Both resources are available for instant download.
At Z-West Insurance we want you to be prepared for the road ahead. That is why we provide excellent service and a knowledgeable staff to help you choose the coverage that is right for your lifestyle and your budget. Click here or call us today at (888) 733-5707 for more information.